Every customer, estimate, and invoice you store in your Invoiced account must have a unique number. Out of the box we generate unique sequential number for you. We call this automatic numbering (or auto-numbering). The default numbering formats we use are:
It's easy to change the automatic numbering if you have different needs for your business. You can change the prefix and the next number for each sequence listed above.
Steps to modify the automatic numbering:
1. Sign in to the web app at invoiced.com.
2. Go to the Settings section in the left sidebar of the app.
3. Click on General in the Invoicing Settings section.
4. Click the Change button in the Automatic Numbering section
5. You can set the numbering prefix, i.e. "INV-" for each sequence. If you don't want a prefix then just leave it blank.
You can also set the next number generated in each sequence. The width of this value controls how many 0s a generated number should be padded with, i.e. using 004 will produce 004, 005, 006, etc.
6. Click Save when you are done. The changes will take effect on the next customer, estimate, or invoice you create.