Tax rates and coupons represent taxes and discounts (respectively) that can be applied to any line item or subtotal of an invoice. We support both percent and flat amounts on tax rates and coupons.
Steps to create a Tax Rate or Coupon:
1. Sign in to the web app at invoiced.com.
2. Go to the Settings section in the left sidebar of the app.
3. Click Tax Rates or Coupons in the Catalog Management section.
4. Click the New button.
5. Enter the name, ID (could be for internal use or match a government ID) and an amount. Once you are finished click Create.
A tax rate or coupon cannot be deleted nor have its amount changed once created.
Steps to using tax rates or coupons:
1. Anywhere there is a line item or subtotal there will be + Discounts and + Taxes buttons. For line items this can be found by expanding its properties with the expand button (down arrow to the right of the line item). Click either one of these buttons to apply a tax rate or coupon.
2. A dialog box will appear where you can select the tax rate or coupon that you want to apply.
3. Select the coupon/rate you want to apply. It will be applied to your line item or invoice.